A Drop in the Ocean


Korto Irusk-Style by Yaum


I started this blog something like 6 or 7 years ago with the firm intention to feed it as much as possible to make it interesting for readers as well as a witness and motivation factor for my gaming progress. Things obviously didn't go as planned, with life being what it is, and my hobby time was not enough for me to take care of a blog on my own while painting and playing, not to mention my sporadic collaboration to Club Chaos's blog.
I also had an issue with the fact that pretty much every gamer out there have a blog nowadays so I had to find a way to make this one different. In the end a blog's a blog and gaming blogs are quite similar from one another; BatReps, painting pictures, reviews and opinions on all different games, latest releases and the likes. What makes other gamers read a gaming blog? What would make them read someone else's blog when everybody have one on its own?
I as write these lines I still haven't found the answer to that question but living a less chaotic life led me to dive in the hobby like never before. I actively collect, paint and play 40k and Infinity, along Age of Sigmar/WHFB, Frostgrave, Batman and more. I also enjoy all sorts of boardgames/card games, from FF's Game of Thrones to Boss Monster, Lord of the Rings, Merchants & Marauders, Legendary (Marvel's deckbuilder), DC deckbuilding just to name a few on top of my head.
I've been in the hobby for as long as I can remember, starting somewhere in the mid-eighties with a german RPG called "Das Schwarze Auge", known as l'Oeil Noir in french and translated in its 4th edition as The Dark eye. I remember the very first contact I got with the Fantastic world of gaming, a Gamebook that really got to me:
my own personal pandora's box

This book really struck me. The artwork at first glance of course but playing it was a total epiphany for me.
A few years later D&D got in the loop, then miniature games with Bloodbowl being my first experience, followed shortly by Space Hulk. I started taking this hobby more seriously with Necromunda, never looking back after starting painting my infamous Van Saar gang!

The infamous bearded gangsters!
So here it is, my journey through the gaming world. nothing fancy but I'll try to keep this blog active as much as possible with my painting progress and impressions on the different games out there. I also want to post Battle Reports, as I really enjoy reading/watching those. My only condition: painted armies (or at least mostly painted)! This will make battle reports less frequent than the rest but I'll try to post one every now and then. Hope you guys like it!

Commentaires

  1. Nice blog! I look forward to reading it.

    I remember playing Oeil Noir in high school. I think I even remember that book!

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Articles les plus consultés